Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Both anterior and lateral.
- ‘Characteristically, the patient complains of a burning or stinging sensation in the distribution of the nerve over the anterolateral aspect of the thigh.’
- ‘Most vaccines should be given via the intramuscular route into the deltoid or the anterolateral aspect of the thigh.’
- ‘Because of their anterolateral position at the elbow, both brachioradialis and extensor carpi radialis longus muscles are flexors of the forearm.’
- ‘The patients were randomly assigned to undergo cardioversion with anteroposterior or anterolateral placement of paddles.’
- ‘The submandibular glands located in the anterolateral floor of the mouth are palpated by placing the fingertips of one hand in the floor of the mouth while the fingertips of the other hand are placed under the chin to support the mandible.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.