Both anterior and lateral.
- ‘The submandibular glands located in the anterolateral floor of the mouth are palpated by placing the fingertips of one hand in the floor of the mouth while the fingertips of the other hand are placed under the chin to support the mandible.’
- ‘Most vaccines should be given via the intramuscular route into the deltoid or the anterolateral aspect of the thigh.’
- ‘Characteristically, the patient complains of a burning or stinging sensation in the distribution of the nerve over the anterolateral aspect of the thigh.’
- ‘The patients were randomly assigned to undergo cardioversion with anteroposterior or anterolateral placement of paddles.’
- ‘Because of their anterolateral position at the elbow, both brachioradialis and extensor carpi radialis longus muscles are flexors of the forearm.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.