One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
attributive Occurring not long before childbirth.
- ‘There are published data indicating that approximately two-thirds of high risk newborns can be anticipated by careful antepartum evaluation.’
- ‘The safety and effectiveness of antiretroviral agents in the antepartum period and during labor is an area of active research, and recommendations are continually being updated and modified.’
- ‘The biophysical profile integrates several observations of fetal status into an assessment tool that usually is used during the antepartum period to guide clinical management.’
- ‘Procedures that increase the likelihood of direct fetal exposure to maternal blood should be minimized during the antepartum and intrapartum periods.’
- ‘Recent reports suggest that bright light therapy has an antidepressant effect on patients with antepartum depression.’
Late 19th century: from Latin, ‘before birth’.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.