Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
1another term for aardvark
- ‘Yellow Mongoose dens are usually disused burrows left by other animals such as antbears or spring hares which the yellow mongoose then expand considerably.’
- ‘Dens are often established in holes previously dug by antbears, hyenas, and warthogs.’
- ‘Timbavati is known for its large herds of buffalo and elephant, and the night drives are good for viewing leopards, antbears, porcupines and hyenas.’
- ‘Dassies abound on the hills and there are also porcupines and antbears.’
- ‘On a night drive expect to see an array of nocturnal animals such as the lesser bushbaby, porcupine and antbears.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.