One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Any of a number of thrush-sized ant-eating birds.
- ‘Antthrushes are notoriously difficult to see well and we're delighted at our luck to have one right on the trail.’
- ‘MacArthur studied four species of ant-thrushes in South America and discovered that they used different levels within the vegetation for feeding.’
- ‘When the pedestrian falls in with a train of these ants, the first signal given him is a twittering and restless movement of small flocks of plain-coloured birds (ant-thrushes) in the jungle.’
- ‘That's the song of the Rufus Fronted Ant Thrush, a very rare species with a very small range in southwestern South America.’
- ‘In the lofty forests of the lowlands of Costa Rica and Panama, one of the most distinctive bird notes is the mellow, resonant whistle, usually twice repeated, of the ant-thrush.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.