One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Any of a number of thrush-sized ant-eating birds.Related pitta
- ‘When the pedestrian falls in with a train of these ants, the first signal given him is a twittering and restless movement of small flocks of plain-coloured birds (ant-thrushes) in the jungle.’
- ‘MacArthur studied four species of ant-thrushes in South America and discovered that they used different levels within the vegetation for feeding.’
- ‘That's the song of the Rufus Fronted Ant Thrush, a very rare species with a very small range in southwestern South America.’
- ‘In the lofty forests of the lowlands of Costa Rica and Panama, one of the most distinctive bird notes is the mellow, resonant whistle, usually twice repeated, of the ant-thrush.’
- ‘Antthrushes are notoriously difficult to see well and we're delighted at our luck to have one right on the trail.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.