One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(of a menstrual cycle) in which ovulation does not occur.
- ‘When any anovulatory state exists for any period of time, the ‘polycystic ovary’ emerges.’
- ‘Irregular, anovulatory cycles may need hormones.’
- ‘An anovulatory woman may well be healthier than a female who is ovulating.’
- ‘One third or more of menstrual cycles in women with generalized seizures are anovulatory.’
- ‘Menorrhagia, or excessive menstrual blood loss, is defined as blood loss of 80 mL per month and can be associated with ovulatory and anovulatory ovarian cycles.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.