(of a menstrual cycle) in which ovulation does not occur.
- ‘Menorrhagia, or excessive menstrual blood loss, is defined as blood loss of 80 mL per month and can be associated with ovulatory and anovulatory ovarian cycles.’
- ‘When any anovulatory state exists for any period of time, the ‘polycystic ovary’ emerges.’
- ‘An anovulatory woman may well be healthier than a female who is ovulating.’
- ‘One third or more of menstrual cycles in women with generalized seizures are anovulatory.’
- ‘Irregular, anovulatory cycles may need hormones.’