Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Persistent inability to achieve orgasm despite responding to sexual stimulation.
- ‘When anorgasmia persists, sexual desire usually declines, sexual frequency wanes, and this often creates resentment and conflict in the relationship.’
- ‘Male anorgasmia is not as uncommon as you may think.’
- ‘Personally, I found the device irritating and then just painful, but I have no history of anorgasmia.’
- ‘A side effect for some other people is anorgasmia.’
- ‘Newer antidepressants may cause sexual dysfunction, including loss of desire and anorgasmia, in both sexes.’
1970s: from an- + orgasm + -ia.
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.