One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
noun & adjectiveEntomology
- ‘The sucking lice or the anoplurans have mouthparts fitted for piercing and sucking.’
- ‘The highest value of Pianka's index was observed between Oligoryzomys species, as a result of historical processes which involve permanent parasites, such as some laelapid mites and anopluran lice.’
- ‘The tarsi of anoplurans consist of a large claw and a process that acts like a thumb.’
- ‘Collaborative research with the Australian Antarctic division has also revealed that southern elephant seals also get infected by a virus very similar to RRV and interestingly the virus is transmitted by anopluran lice.’
- ‘Three types of anoplurans parasitize human beings, the head louse, the body louse and the pubic louse.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.