Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Part of the File Transfer Protocol (FTP) on the Internet that lets anyone log on to an FTP server, using a general username and without a password.
- ‘The description of setting up anonymous FTP is the most complete I can recall reading in recent memory.’
- ‘But on many systems, limited anonymous FTP access is enabled by default.’
- ‘That's all you need to know about setting up a simple and secure anonymous FTP server.’
- ‘Due to the lack of search engines, users had to know the site's address prior to use and had also to understand anonymous FTP.’
- ‘NASA has established an anonymous FTP input point for persons who have found shuttle debris to upload photos or videos of the material along with identifying commentary for NASA analysis of its importance.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.