One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘And the premise of such a debate is the dangers of individualism and self-interest as pathways to anomic and destructive ‘lifestyle’ choices.’
- ‘But when they are compared with their U.S. peers, they seem both pretty conservative and pretty liberal as opposed to anomic, alienated, violent, and excluded.’
- ‘And rather than the anomic feeling that comes from never talking to your neighbours, there's a constant bustle of visitors through the door.’
- ‘Yes, this is a Herculean task given that following independence and the growing exposure of the Namibian economy to global competition, the country drifted into a somewhat anomic situation, which could not be remedied yet.’
- ‘I know it's a fashion thing and as a sociologist I could go on all day about anomic youth and the intrinsic power of youth sub cultures, inclusion, exclusion and the influence and glamour of rap music but that's boring.’
- ‘It appears the aphasia he is suffering from is most likely transient, at the very worst it is anomic.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.