One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘When the country introduced the constitution of 1849 and thus became a constitutional monarchy, anointment was also abandoned.’
- ‘Scripted, sanitized and stripped of the unexpected by early anointment of presidential and vice-presidential nominees, they offer as few clashes of policies and personalities as possible.’
- ‘Hundreds and thousands of people line up for him to do anointment.’
- ‘But her anointment by Mr. da Silva, who has steered Brazil through one of its greatest periods of prosperity, automatically made her a contender.’
- ‘He wasn't alone in being unsure exactly what it was supposed to mean, but it was clearly an anointment for the future.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.