One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘I was one of the priest anointers and someone requested a proxy anointing for a relative.’
- ‘These anointers have a poor record of backing candidates who know right from wrong and avoid ethical conflicts.’
- ‘When the anointers had completed the circle once, they started around a second time, again stopping in front of each woman in turn.’
- ‘Please give the priest or lay anointer your name or the name of the person for whom you are requesting prayer, a first name is sufficient.’
- ‘Indeed, clues found within the texts seem to support Mary Magdalene as the anointer.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.