Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A bell, light, or other device that provides information on the state or condition of something by indicating which of several electrical circuits has been activated.[as modifier] ‘the annunciator panel and warning lights’
- ‘Multiple sweeps of the cockpit indicated the light had no related emergencies, and since I couldn't reset it, I dismissed it as a bad annunciator panel.’
- ‘The annunciator panel showed an overheat caution light, which meant the generator's constant-speed drive assembly had had enough of this flight and was ready to go its own way.’
- ‘We realized something was wrong - too many annunciator lights were on.’
- ‘Are there other switches and annunciators installed in conjunction with your setup?’
- ‘From this redesign of the flight mode annunciator displays, he developed a survey to assess pilot preferences.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.