One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A segmented worm of the phylum Annelida, such as an earthworm or leech.
- ‘After examining the opening of these traces, it is tempting to assign their origin to the behavior of vermiform borers such as annelids, sipunculids, or phoronids.’
- ‘The annelids include earthworms, polychaete worms, and leeches.’
- ‘Most biologists are familiar with only a few of the approximately 40 extant animal phyla such as annelids, arthropods, molluscs, echinoderms and chordates.’
- ‘Arthropods, chordates and annelids are the three segmented phyla in the animal kingdom.’
- ‘The position and composition of these cells suggests that they are homologous to the gliointerstitial cell system of molluscs, sipunculans, annelids echiurans.’
- ‘Silurian ramphoprionid polychaete annelids, represented by their jaws, are described from extensive collections from Gotland, Sweden.’
Relating to or denoting annelids.
- ‘These differences in expression domains indicate changes in the regulation of these genes somewhere in the annelid lineage.’
- ‘When present, the annelid peritoneum either rests directly on the muscle cells or is separated from them by a layer of extracellular matrix.’
- ‘If reptiles could develop into birds then annelid worms could develop into insects.’
- ‘It is clear that two different hydrophobic motifs are conserved in annelid species.’
- ‘These genomes have remarkably similar gene orders to previously published annelid genomes, suggesting that gene order is conserved across annelids.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.