One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Scotland started as a place of superstitious animists and pantheists, much as it is today.’
- ‘Muslims as well as Christians have strict views on sexual conduct, and even animists are expressing their desire to restore older mores.’
- ‘The census officers kept complaining that it was nearly impossible for them to decide who was an animist and who was a Hindu, since all worshipped God in many forms.’
- ‘Well, I would say to this that I am very much an animist, and my experience of working with spirits - be they spirits of places, local area networks, or behavioural memes, indicates to me at least, that it is do-able to varying degrees.’
- ‘Traditional Javanese Islam, a blend of Sufism mixed with animist and Hindu concepts predating Islam, shares common heritage with Bali.’
- ‘Broadly, I'm something of an animist, so my everyday life is filled with minor recognitions, deals, tributes, and negotiations with local spirits.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.