One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
adverb & adjectiveMusic
(especially as a direction) in an animated manner.
- ‘Più animato [It.] A directive to a musician perform a specific passage of a composition more animato, or animated.’
A passage marked animato.
- ‘In the concluding Allegro animato, he captured the Norwegian folk qualities of the music with zest.’
- ‘The same is true at the opening of the Finale: Allegro moderato molto e marcato, where even longer annotated phrase spans should exactly match with the lead in to the poco animato.’
- ‘Animato, also written as "con anima" literally means "with animation." A piece marked animato should be quick and lively.’
- ‘The music begins with an allegro animato which is reflective and oriental in its delicacy, but also contains more dramatic percussive music.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.