One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The science of breeding and caring for farm animals.
- ‘They have been developed with the intention of encouraging beef and sheep farmers to adopt and maintain the highest standards of farm animal husbandry.’
- ‘The traditional economy of subsistence agriculture and animal husbandry was replaced by a commercial economy, centered in expanding urban areas.’
- ‘Jacobs contends that both animal husbandry and agriculture were most likely to have originated in the earliest urban settlements.’
- ‘More importantly, rationale policies are urgently needed to promote rational use of antibiotics in poultry, animal husbandry and agriculture.’
- ‘They settled the main islands and developed land-based communities, first with agriculture and then through animal husbandry, particularly pigs.’
- ‘Only the Mediterranean coast has rain that is reliable enough to support marginal human activity, with some agriculture and animal husbandry.’
- ‘Organic farming requires the farmer to be a better farmer, a more observant farmer, a farmer who practices careful agronomy and conscientious animal husbandry.’
- ‘Organic techniques have been developed from an understanding of and research into soil science, crop breeding, animal husbandry and ecology.’
- ‘Many people are dependent on agriculture and on animal husbandry to make a living and there is a clear danger of food and fodder shortages and longer-term economic problems as a result of lost livelihoods.’
- ‘Agriculture is primarily subsistence farming and animal husbandry.’
- ‘A return to small scale peasant agriculture and animal husbandry could even make the enforcing of proper hygiene and disease control more difficult.’
- ‘No agriculture or animal husbandry was practised, subsistence economies being based on hunting and fishing.’
- ‘They depend on shifting agriculture, complemented by animal husbandry, hunting, fishing, and gathering for their livelihood.’
- ‘Agriculture, forestry, animal husbandry, and fishing employ the large majority of the total active population.’
- ‘The mainstay of the local economy is agriculture and animal husbandry.’
- ‘Farmers should be encouraged to venture into allied activities like animal husbandry and nursery farming to supplement their income.’
- ‘Also expanding steadily are the bilateral exchanges and cooperation in science and technology, agriculture and animal husbandry.’
- ‘The ideal modern farm using ecological and traditional methods integrates plant and animal husbandry.’
- ‘The focus of agricultural extension efforts is mainly on achieving higher productivity, whether in field of agriculture, animal husbandry or dairy.’
- ‘The third thread Clarke discusses is that of agriculture, particularly animal husbandry and the effort to better understand breeding.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.