One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A type of sweet cracker or cookie made in the shapes of various animals.
- ‘It seemed like even less of a big deal as I ate my animal crackers.’
- ‘Gabriella asked, sitting down and helping herself to some of Elaine's animal crackers.’
- ‘On work days, along with packed lunch, he took a couple of nutritious snacks, such as raisins, unsalted nuts or animal crackers.’
- ‘Chase sat in a high chair, playing with animal crackers, and making small humming noises, which were beginning to get on my nerves.’
- ‘Did you know they need 6,000 miles of string a year just for the animal crackers box?’
- ‘Unlike the sweet animal crackers in the familiar circus box, these boast a savory cheese flavor.’
- ‘Afterwards, she sat nibbling on the animal crackers without saying a word.’
- ‘Now Butler has made the grade by adding vanilla and strawberry-flavored milk and animal crackers to the menu.’
- ‘He still liked his special treats, animal crackers, that I bought in large bags just for my boys.’
- ‘Her mother laughed her shrill little laugh, and Halle saw Sam pull out an animal cracker.’
- ‘How many different animals are there in a box of animal crackers? i know there is the lion the bear and zebra.’
- ‘In ‘Where the Heart Is’, the store has no screaming kids, no floors covered with crushed up animal crackers, no banged-up merchandise or surly employees.’
- ‘Pennsylvanians invented both the pretzel and the animal cracker.’
- ‘‘Yes, definitely,’ Aimee opened a bag of animal crackers and pulled out a lion.’
- ‘She wiped Christy's face with a tissue and gave her an animal cracker to cheer her up.’
- ‘Five and ½ hours, four Diet Cokes, and a small box of animal crackers later, I took my discman off.’
- ‘Children may receive a blessed animal cracker by showing the Minster that they can cross their eyes.’
- ‘And where else could 1611 be entertained at a pool, stay dry ao well and get a bag of chocolate-flavored animal crackers for a quarter?’
- ‘The barber offered Josh a larger than usual handful of animal crackers from the jar on his shelf.’
- ‘At the moment, Elaine was sitting on her bed eating animal crackers and reading a romance novel.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.