One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Relating to or characteristic of the Caribbean island of Anguilla or its inhabitants.‘the Anguillan team was more physically fit’
- ‘A permit is necessary to scuba dive in Anguillan waters.’
- ‘There is a small financial services industry that the British and Anguillan governments are trying to expand.’
- ‘Agricultural production, for Anguillan consumption as well as for other islands, includes corn, pigeon peas, and sweet potatoes.’
- ‘More Anguillan women work outside the home than a generation ago, but men still comprise the majority of the workforce.’
- ‘To take advantage of the island's temperate climate, Anguillan buildings often feature balconies or terraces.’
A native or inhabitant of the Caribbean island of Anguilla.‘this is a time for Anguillans to celebrate their history’
- ‘Anguillans always address each other by title - Mr., Mrs., etc. - unless they are on very personal terms.’
- ‘Money sent back to the island from Anguillans who have moved abroad also is important to the overall economy.’
- ‘He was the first Anguillan to be called up to the senior West Indies team.’
- ‘General economic and living conditions have improved for all Anguillans.’
- ‘For complicated or long-term medical treatment Anguillans must leave the island.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.