Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A politically conservative or antiliberal white man.
- ‘They are a reaction to oppression - or at least a transmogrification of the angry white male into the docile white wimp.’
- ‘On WABC Hannity inherited Grant's fan base of angry white males, who listened to his show in the New York City area.’
- ‘Well, either it was just basically a stupid mistake on Daschle's part, or what it was was an attempt to rip out a page from the mid-1990s playbook of demonizing the angry white male.’
- ‘Hugh Laurie does a surprisingly good job playing an angry white male.’
- ‘For years, Limbaugh's daily audience of 20 million listeners, made up primarily of angry white males, never had a problem with Limbaugh's racial insensitivity.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.