One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A kind of tonic first made in Angostura.
- ‘Bayless, for example, likes to mix a single-village mezcal from Oaxaca, such as Chichicapa with lime juice, a splash of brandy and dash of Angostura bitters.’
- ‘Two warm-weather favorites are the Key Lime Rickey (key lime vodka, a dash of Angostura bitters, topped off with ginger ale) and the Napa Valley Iced Tea (Meyer lemon vodka, a tiny splash of Chambord and iced tea).’
- ‘I hand-pressed one-eighth of an orange and added Angostura bitters and egg white.’
- ‘Add the pre-soaked gelatin leaves and Angostura bitters to about 1.5 pints of the beetroot stock and leave to cool.’
- ‘The drink combines Plymouth gin, sweet vermouth and a dash of Angostura bitters with hot orange and cranberry juices topped with grated nutmeg.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.