One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘No, what they're worried about is the anglicisation of the grammar itself.’
- ‘A letter of complaint has been sent to An Post about the anglicisation of its name to The Post Office and a motion condemning this retrograde step was passed unanimously.’
- ‘Our own town of Athy owes its name to the anglicization of the Gaelic place name Ath Í meaning the Ford of Ae.’
- ‘The Union had brought remarkable benefits but at the cost of anglicisation; as Scott put it, ‘what makes Scotland Scotland is fast disappearing’.’
- ‘The National Association for the Vindication of Scottish Rights attempted to defend Scottish values against anglicization but was not an effective political force.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.