One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘A letter of complaint has been sent to An Post about the anglicisation of its name to The Post Office and a motion condemning this retrograde step was passed unanimously.’
- ‘No, what they're worried about is the anglicisation of the grammar itself.’
- ‘Our own town of Athy owes its name to the anglicization of the Gaelic place name Ath Í meaning the Ford of Ae.’
- ‘The National Association for the Vindication of Scottish Rights attempted to defend Scottish values against anglicization but was not an effective political force.’
- ‘The Union had brought remarkable benefits but at the cost of anglicisation; as Scott put it, ‘what makes Scotland Scotland is fast disappearing’.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.