Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
The angle between the chord of an airfoil and the direction of the surrounding undisturbed flow of gas or liquid.
- ‘The ailerons - the wing's control surfaces - remain effective at the highest angles of attack, and controllability of the aircraft is retained even in the event of airflow separating from the remainder of the wings' surface.’
- ‘Do not use flaps - extending flaps increases the angle of attack of the horizontal stabilizer, which may also be damaged.’
- ‘Your aircraft's wing interprets vertical gusts as a change in the angle of attack, thus significantly increasing the load factor.’
- ‘Flaps can move the pitch angle higher toward the critical angle of attack.’
- ‘A stall is nothing more than exceeding the critical angle of attack.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.