The angle between the chord of an airfoil and the direction of the surrounding undisturbed flow of gas or liquid.
- ‘The ailerons - the wing's control surfaces - remain effective at the highest angles of attack, and controllability of the aircraft is retained even in the event of airflow separating from the remainder of the wings' surface.’
- ‘Do not use flaps - extending flaps increases the angle of attack of the horizontal stabilizer, which may also be damaged.’
- ‘Your aircraft's wing interprets vertical gusts as a change in the angle of attack, thus significantly increasing the load factor.’
- ‘Flaps can move the pitch angle higher toward the critical angle of attack.’
- ‘A stall is nothing more than exceeding the critical angle of attack.’