Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A plant that has flowers and produces seeds enclosed within a carpel. The angiosperms are a large group and include herbaceous plants, shrubs, grasses, and most trees.Compare with gymnosperm
- ‘A great variation in endosperm size is observed within angiosperms.’
- ‘Like other seed plants, angiosperms are heterosporangiate, producing pollen and ovules in different organs.’
- ‘Were the first angiosperms woody trees and shrubs, or were they small herbs?’
- ‘Simple trichomes are present on aerial surfaces of most angiosperms and on some gymnosperms and bryophytes.’
- ‘These data suggest that the enzyme is well conserved in plants and could play similar physiological roles in angiosperms and gymnosperms.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.