One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A plant that has flowers and produces seeds enclosed within a carpel. The angiosperms are a large group and include herbaceous plants, shrubs, grasses, and most trees.Compare with gymnosperm
- ‘A great variation in endosperm size is observed within angiosperms.’
- ‘Were the first angiosperms woody trees and shrubs, or were they small herbs?’
- ‘Simple trichomes are present on aerial surfaces of most angiosperms and on some gymnosperms and bryophytes.’
- ‘Like other seed plants, angiosperms are heterosporangiate, producing pollen and ovules in different organs.’
- ‘These data suggest that the enzyme is well conserved in plants and could play similar physiological roles in angiosperms and gymnosperms.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.