Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Surgical repair or unblocking of a blood vessel, especially a coronary artery.See also balloon angioplasty
- ‘Other approaches meant to improve blood flow are angioplasty and bypass surgery.’
- ‘Patients with coronary artery disease undergoing angioplasty should continue taking antiplatelet drugs as usual.’
- ‘Further cases may be detected by searching for coded coronary artery operations such as bypass surgery or angioplasty.’
- ‘This may require angioplasty or surgery to open narrowed or blocked blood vessels.’
- ‘A minimally invasive alternative to carotid endarterectomy is angioplasty and stenting of a carotid stenosis.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.