Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Examination by X-ray of blood or lymph vessels, carried out after introduction of a radiopaque substance.
- ‘As with most procedures done on your heart and blood vessels, coronary angiography does pose some risk.’
- ‘Only subjects who had positive contrast echocardiography underwent pulmonary angiography.’
- ‘The diagnosis is based on the results of duplex ultrasonography or angiography, or both.’
- ‘Current methods of viewing these lesions include endoscopy and catheter angiography.’
- ‘Pre-operative angiography and embolisation was carried out.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.