One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An X-ray photograph of blood or lymph vessels, made by angiography.
radiogram, radiograph, x-ray imageView synonyms
- ‘An angiogram uses X-rays and a contrast dye that is injected into the heart via a thin, flexible tube inserted in the arm or leg.’
- ‘A series of exams, including blood tests and angiograms, revealed that all of the subjects had a severe dysfunction of the left side of the heart.’
- ‘Dye is injected through the catheter, and the X-ray machine takes angiograms of your heart and blood vessels.’
- ‘An aneurysm of the brain can be detected by a special kind of X-ray called an angiogram or arteriogram.’
- ‘More noteworthy is that the superior mesenteric angiograms showed shunting of blood from the arterioles to the venous channels, bypassing the capillaries.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.