One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The development of new blood vessels.
- ‘Other important endocrine effects of leptin include immune function regulation, hematopoiesis, angiogenesis, and bone development.’
- ‘Placed at the interface between normal and pathologic physiology is the formation of new blood vessels, or angiogenesis.’
- ‘It was not known whether new lymphatic growth could be specifically blocked without also affecting blood angiogenesis or existing lymphatic vessels.’
- ‘It has been shown that conditioned media from fibroblasts from patients with idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis stimulates angiogenesis.’
- ‘Similary, angiogenesis also speeds the development of diabetic retinopathy and macular degeneration.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.