Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Theological dogma or speculation concerning angels.‘Gnostic angelology influenced Pseudo-Dionysius’
- ‘Meanwhile, on the subject of superstition, I'm working on a novella which involves a lady from Sheffield having visions of angels, so I've been trawling about on the net for current angelology and my goodness, it's a rum go.’
- ‘I didn't know, but I knew that there would be plenty more surprises about angelology waiting to be found.’
- ‘His discussions of the doctrine of Scripture and angelology in Theology of the Community of God were also ground-breaking as far as Evangelical thinking was concerned.’
- ‘The ‘seven spirits’ might be the seven archangels of Jewish angelology or else the sevenfold spirit of God.’
- ‘Corbin also reveals that Sufi angelology determines angels to be ‘Imagination in its pure state’.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.