Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A South American shrub or small tree of the nightshade family, with distinctive trumpet-shaped flowers, cultivated as an ornamental and in some regions consumed for its narcotic properties.→ datura
- ‘The plants are an eclectic mix too: Italian cypress, kangaroo paws from Australia, timber bamboo from Asia, tropical bananas, and angel's trumpet mingle with existing English walnut trees.’
- ‘In addition, would you recommend an angel's trumpet for this area, and if so, what would be the feeding schedule?’
- ‘On warm summer evenings, a heady fragrance from angel's trumpet and heliotrope permeates the air, reminding the family of their former home in the islands.’
- ‘Geraldine Nelson had trouble keeping her potted angel's trumpet from blowing over in the New Jersey winds.’
- ‘They showcase the sweetly fragrant yellow flowers of angel's trumpet (Brugmansia x candida) surrounded by a colorful tapestry of shorter flowers and foliage plants.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.