One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The details are subordinate to the motion of the principal plastic mass in the ascending anfractuosity of space - the main aesthetic value of the composition.’
- ‘An anfractuous road would be full of windings; an explanation full of anfractuosity would be very intricate.’
- ‘This one was found by Florence Trentin in an anfractuosity of the reef.’
- ‘Will it result in a facile anti-reductionist anfractuosity so skilfully punctuated way back by E.H. Carr in his What is History?’
- ‘It is also possible to provide a cavity, an anfractuosity, or a modification of the surface condition at the end of the rod or needle, or laterally adjacent this end.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.