Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Having particular genes or chromosomal regions present in extra or fewer copies than in the normal type.
- ‘Ploidy analysis shows that the keratinocytes in the large cell acanthoma are frequently aneuploid.’
- ‘DNA ploidy analysis on Feulgenstained sections indicated that the large cell region was composed of predominantly tetraploid and aneuploid cells.’
- ‘All women are also offered an ultrasound scan for anomalies at 19 weeks' gestation, and invasive testing is offered in selected cases where structural anomalies are seen that suggest the fetus is aneuploid.’
- ‘Ten of 18 diploid neoplasms were associated with an adverse event, and 2 of 9 aneuploid neoplasms were associated with an adverse event.’
- ‘Patients with aneuploid tumors have a poorer five-year survival rate than patients with diploid tumors.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.