Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
The branch of physiology and medicine that deals with diseases and conditions specific to men.
- ‘It is a phenomenon noted by University of Indonesia professor Dr. H. Arjatmo Tjokronegoro, who is a specialist in andrology, the study of male reproductive health.’
- ‘A seal failed on a container in the andrology laboratory, allowing some of the liquid nitrogen to escape.’
- ‘Surgical Andrology (Male Erectile Dysfunction) - Wayne J. G. Hellstrom, MD This session will discuss the surgical approaches to different andrology procedures.’
- ‘This is one of our mini andrology labs that we do have some semen tanks, where we have lots of semen shipped to us.’
- ‘Dr Sudhakar Krishnamurti is an internationally renowned, award-winning andrologist, India's only WHO impotence expert, and director of India's first andrology centre, Andromeda: Topaz, Greenlands, PO Box 1563, Hyderabad.’
- ‘In the Sheffield incident, last September, a seal failed on a container in the andrology laboratory, allowing some of the liquid nitrogen to escape.’
- ‘"The future for men with irreversible infertility is donor sperm insemination," said Dr N. Pandiyan, chief consultant, andrology and reproductive sciences at Chennai's Apollo Group of Hospitals.’
- ‘Churchhill Livingstone, 1997 • Mortimer D. Practical laboratory andrology.’
- ‘Allan Smith is senior lecturer in andrology, University of Sheffield.’
- ‘Leeuwenhoek made groundbreaking observations in andrology by describing spermatozoa.’
- ‘senior lecturer in andrology, University of Sheffield’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.