Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
The branch of physiology and medicine that deals with diseases and conditions specific to men.
- ‘This is one of our mini andrology labs that we do have some semen tanks, where we have lots of semen shipped to us.’
- ‘Leeuwenhoek made groundbreaking observations in andrology by describing spermatozoa.’
- ‘In the Sheffield incident, last September, a seal failed on a container in the andrology laboratory, allowing some of the liquid nitrogen to escape.’
- ‘It is a phenomenon noted by University of Indonesia professor Dr. H. Arjatmo Tjokronegoro, who is a specialist in andrology, the study of male reproductive health.’
- ‘Dr Sudhakar Krishnamurti is an internationally renowned, award-winning andrologist, India's only WHO impotence expert, and director of India's first andrology centre, Andromeda: Topaz, Greenlands, PO Box 1563, Hyderabad.’
- ‘Surgical Andrology (Male Erectile Dysfunction) - Wayne J. G. Hellstrom, MD This session will discuss the surgical approaches to different andrology procedures.’
- ‘A seal failed on a container in the andrology laboratory, allowing some of the liquid nitrogen to escape.’
- ‘senior lecturer in andrology, University of Sheffield’
- ‘Allan Smith is senior lecturer in andrology, University of Sheffield.’
- ‘"The future for men with irreversible infertility is donor sperm insemination," said Dr N. Pandiyan, chief consultant, andrology and reproductive sciences at Chennai's Apollo Group of Hospitals.’
- ‘Churchhill Livingstone, 1997 • Mortimer D. Practical laboratory andrology.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.