One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A very small French sausage similar to andouille.
- ‘Monday was the day for boudin; Tuesday for andouillettes and chitterling sausages.’
- ‘All the main courses were meaty: blood sausage with roasted apples and potatoes, andouillettes de Troyes, and veal Marengo.’
- ‘In France many people eat amourette containing brain and spinal cord and andouillette made from intestines of young calves (the most infective organ at that age).’
- ‘Irish visitors might be less entranced by the region's favourite delicacy, andouillettes.’
- ‘The author guides us through the best sausages from the UK and elsewhere, from the French andouillette to the Italian luganeghe, German frankfurter and South African boerewors.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.