One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A very small French sausage similar to andouille.
- ‘Monday was the day for boudin; Tuesday for andouillettes and chitterling sausages.’
- ‘All the main courses were meaty: blood sausage with roasted apples and potatoes, andouillettes de Troyes, and veal Marengo.’
- ‘The author guides us through the best sausages from the UK and elsewhere, from the French andouillette to the Italian luganeghe, German frankfurter and South African boerewors.’
- ‘In France many people eat amourette containing brain and spinal cord and andouillette made from intestines of young calves (the most infective organ at that age).’
- ‘Irish visitors might be less entranced by the region's favourite delicacy, andouillettes.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.