A spicy pork sausage seasoned with garlic, used especially in Cajun cooking.
- ‘The buffet is packed with stuff like sirloin, pork, shrimp, calamari, chicken, andouille and smoked sausage, as well as hamburger and hot dogs.’
- ‘It is a spicy, soupy stew that can feature a variety of ingredients - chunks of andouille sausage, pieces of chicken or game, crab claws, or shucked oysters.’
- ‘Examples of Cajun food include crawfish bisque and andouille (ie, spicy sausage) gumbo.’
- ‘You've got crusty Italian bread slices topped with pepper jelly and andouille sausage in the middle.’
- ‘To serve, spoon some gumbo into a soup bowl and top with some andouille sausage, rice, and scallions.’
Early 17th century: French.