One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A spicy pork sausage seasoned with garlic, used especially in Cajun cooking.
- ‘It is a spicy, soupy stew that can feature a variety of ingredients - chunks of andouille sausage, pieces of chicken or game, crab claws, or shucked oysters.’
- ‘The buffet is packed with stuff like sirloin, pork, shrimp, calamari, chicken, andouille and smoked sausage, as well as hamburger and hot dogs.’
- ‘Examples of Cajun food include crawfish bisque and andouille (ie, spicy sausage) gumbo.’
- ‘To serve, spoon some gumbo into a soup bowl and top with some andouille sausage, rice, and scallions.’
- ‘You've got crusty Italian bread slices topped with pepper jelly and andouille sausage in the middle.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.