One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
And plenty more than that.‘we got our money's worth and then some’
- ‘I've put on all the weight I lost during last year's diet, and then some.’
- ‘Although I have enough offprints to meet the requests I've had, and then some, it will take me a while to process them all.’
- ‘As far as the fair share statement goes, Minnesota has gotten its fair share and then some.’
- ‘Now the sun will supply enough light to illuminate half the world at one sitting, so there's plenty of power and then some.’
- ‘Isolation, fear, death, blood, the macabre, pain: this film has it all - and then some.’
- ‘It was exactly what the boy in blue suspected, and then some.’
- ‘Four decades later, that ambition has been realised, and then some.’
- ‘Bowie would have to use the rest of his career - and then some - just to get even.’
- ‘After we'd done all we could possibly think of and then some, I yanked on the pull cord.’
- ‘The bride was able to cover her meal, her drinks and then some out of the money she made.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.