One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Said in vague reference to additional things of a similar nature to those specified.‘all that running and swimming and stuff’
- ‘Without having to spend tons on sets and stuff; just spend the money on animation and voices.’
- ‘I just had a table in my room and I used to buy lots of books at jumble sales and cut them up, and do drawings and stuff.’
- ‘I wonder if they give you a trolley and you just head up and down the aisle buying toys and stuff.’
- ‘The fact is that lots of people just don't bother with car tax and stuff hereabouts, Mr Collinson.’
- ‘Suffice it to say, I was a bit hasty in offering my opinion on threads concerning God and stuff.’
- ‘There's loads of police now, and when I went out there were ambulances and stuff.’
- ‘What's that you're saying about science and moon cycles and the solar system and stuff?’
- ‘I collected my bag, blazer and stuff, and walked straight out of the room without him saying a word.’
- ‘We may not be very good at reading and stuff, but we sure know good litter box liner when we see it.’
- ‘Jessica will be cheaper, leaving more money to spend on invisible cars and space lasers and stuff.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.