One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘In other words, the anchoritic life of the 3rd century I felt probably didn't exist.’
- ‘By the twelfth century in England, however, aspirants to anchoritic life were pious lay people.’
- ‘Today there seems to be a movement of the Holy Spirit calling forth the anchoritic vocation once again.’
- ‘After two years or more at Antioch, he finally withdrew to the desert of Chalcis to undertake the penitential life of an anchoritic monk.’
- ‘Mursell here traces the complexity of late medieval devotion, giving attention to burgeoning lay spirituality, the popularity of anchoritic life, and preoccupation with death and suffering.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.