One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The text that appears highlighted in a hypertext link and that can be clicked to open the target web page.
- ‘Google is heavily weighted on anchor text and link location.’
- ‘But people are also arguing about whether it's the anchor text (no, I don't know either) or the title that gets searched more.’
- ‘Try to make sure that the anchor text (clickable text) that links back to your site contains your keywords.’
- ‘You'll likely see plenty of instances of the page getting traffic for search strings that appear nowhere else on the page but in the anchor text of outbound links.’
- ‘The anchor text link is a different animal.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.