Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
The text that appears highlighted in a hypertext link and that can be clicked to open the target web page.
- ‘Google is heavily weighted on anchor text and link location.’
- ‘Try to make sure that the anchor text (clickable text) that links back to your site contains your keywords.’
- ‘The anchor text link is a different animal.’
- ‘But people are also arguing about whether it's the anchor text (no, I don't know either) or the title that gets searched more.’
- ‘You'll likely see plenty of instances of the page getting traffic for search strings that appear nowhere else on the page but in the anchor text of outbound links.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.