Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
The text that appears highlighted in a hypertext link and that can be clicked to open the target web page.
- ‘Try to make sure that the anchor text (clickable text) that links back to your site contains your keywords.’
- ‘The anchor text link is a different animal.’
- ‘You'll likely see plenty of instances of the page getting traffic for search strings that appear nowhere else on the page but in the anchor text of outbound links.’
- ‘But people are also arguing about whether it's the anchor text (no, I don't know either) or the title that gets searched more.’
- ‘Google is heavily weighted on anchor text and link location.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.