Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
(of a doll) having the sexual organs plainly represented.
- ‘Like all the other porn star sex dolls, this one is anatomically correct in every way.’
- ‘The exhibit begins with a life-size, anatomically correct, glass model of a male, whose organs, muscles, and bones can be seen through a clear plastic skin.’
- ‘Ninety-nine 4-year-old male and female children were asked to name body parts on a same-sex, anatomically correct doll.’
- ‘The child was referred in October 1986 to SATU where she was seen by Woods and interviewed with the use of play materials and anatomically correct dolls.’
- ‘The doll comes in black lingerie, is anatomically correct and has tan lines!’
- ‘How does this apply to ‘outsider’ artists, like Henry Darger, or Morton Bartlett, who made anatomically correct dolls in the 1960s ‘for company’?’
- ‘Now I marvel at the evidence that it ever was: notes, photos, a tiny, anatomically correct heart cast in pink plastic I was given as a gift.’
- ‘The researchers used anatomically correct, male and female modified Cabbage Patch dolls that represented all ethnicities.’
- ‘In any case, Dan, I promise you that among all the women who think you're a doll, plenty will consider you the anatomically correct kind.’
- ‘It was only the size of one of Katie's baby dolls, but it was perfectly proportioned and anatomically correct.’
- ‘And I don't want your new-fangled 3D super spectacular improved and anatomically correct Mario or Zelda.’
- ‘He is anatomically correct both in his fly-zone and no-fly-zone.’
- ‘The use of anatomically correct dolls has been frowned upon and although these were perfectly ordinary toys, the practice using dolls has to be viewed with care.’
- ‘In case you missed it, farmer created an anatomically correct portrait of Karl Rove.’
- ‘The idea for the Amamanta Family of anatomically correct dolls had been born.’
- ‘If its anatomically correct and everything, I think a real doll could be a great learning tool in health and anatomy classes.’
- ‘Clint and Donald Olson of this Wisconsin city spent many hours creating their anatomically correct sculpture of a snow man, but after getting complaints from other residents, police ordered the brothers to alter the figure's anatomy.’
- ‘The dolls, which were anatomically correct, gender diverse, and racially diverse, were distributed at random.’
- ‘The executive producer, a short, red-faced Washingtonian named Mick Kaczorowski, told me they'd even commissioned a full-scale, anatomically correct mammoth carcass made of polyurethane and yak hair.’
- ‘In the course of their pretrial interrogations, the children in Kelly Michaels' case were given knives and forks and anatomically correct dolls.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.