One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The anarchs have status because they are noticed and respected for what little power they have achieved.’
- ‘When they choose to get involved, though, it is almost always on the side of the anarchs instead of the princes.’
- ‘Conversely, any anarchs who want to include something on this page mail me and I will post it.’
- ‘The following information is not common knowledge among anarchs nor is it meant to represent what really happened.’
- ‘Tonight's anarchs, while not the most organized of groups have purpose.’
- ‘Okay, now that Julius is Anarch, what use is he?’
- ‘Actually, there are far, far more filthy anarchy-ist ideologues than there are anarch pragmatists.’
- ‘If this vampire is anarch, her or she gains an additional blood.’
Mid 17th century: from Greek anarkhos ‘without a chief’ (see anarchy).
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.