One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The stage of meiotic or mitotic cell division in which the chromosomes move away from one another to opposite poles of the spindle.
- ‘Second, the centromere is the focus for the formation of the kinetochore, where microtubules connect to the chromosomes during anaphase in mitosis and meiosis.’
- ‘The events in this stage of the cell cycle leading to cell division are prophase, metaphase, anaphase and telophase.’
- ‘Cells with anaphase and telophase bridges were not significantly more frequent in trichlorfon-treated cultures than in control cultures, indicating that chromosome exchanges were not induced.’
- ‘Finally, category III includes cells in anaphase / telophase either with or without a spindle signal present.’
- ‘This pattern is generally characterized by nuclear localization during interphase and prophase and association with the spindle midzone during anaphase and telophase.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.