The stage of meiotic or mitotic cell division in which the chromosomes move away from one another to opposite poles of the spindle.
- ‘Second, the centromere is the focus for the formation of the kinetochore, where microtubules connect to the chromosomes during anaphase in mitosis and meiosis.’
- ‘The events in this stage of the cell cycle leading to cell division are prophase, metaphase, anaphase and telophase.’
- ‘Cells with anaphase and telophase bridges were not significantly more frequent in trichlorfon-treated cultures than in control cultures, indicating that chromosome exchanges were not induced.’
- ‘Finally, category III includes cells in anaphase / telophase either with or without a spindle signal present.’
- ‘This pattern is generally characterized by nuclear localization during interphase and prophase and association with the spindle midzone during anaphase and telophase.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.