One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(in Hinduism, Buddhism, and Jainism) extreme happiness, one of the highest states of being.
- ‘I can't say that it's wrong to ask for an experience of bliss, I mean much of my meditation was in pursuit of the ananda, the bliss, you know, truth, light, bliss.’
- ‘Carved in stone or cast in bronze, His ananda tandava, the fierce ballet of bliss, dances the cosmos into and out of existence within a fiery arch of flames denoting consciousness.’
- ‘Being so kind He accompanies the living being as Supersoul always trying to divert the attention of them towards their constitutional nature, which is one of real happiness, ananda (bliss).’
- ‘Ebrahim Alkazi believes that through forms harsh and brutal, Sultan Ali ‘sought ananda… to come to terms with that unnerving reality’.’
- ‘This movement ‘is not to produce more food for consumers, but to create life, diversity and ananda (to live a happy life).’’
From Sanskrit ānanda ‘blessedness, bliss’.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.