One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A method of approaching philosophical problems through analysis of the terms in which they are expressed, associated with Anglo-American philosophy of the early 20th century.
- ‘This movement is often known as ‘analytical Marxism’, since its proponents aim to reformulate Marx's insights using the tools and methods of contemporary Anglo-American analytic philosophy and social science.’
- ‘This is particularly unusual in twentieth century analytic philosophy, where the approach to philosophical problems is usually more piecemeal.’
- ‘Feminist critiques may have been legitimate for some kinds of analytic philosophy, especially logical positivism, but because analytic philosophy has changed, the objections do not hold for most contemporary work.’
- ‘During the 1960s many young philosophers began again to turn to the moral problems of modern society, utilizing the philosophical tools of modern Anglo-American analytic philosophy.’
- ‘The misreading of Hegel is standard form in 20th century French philosophy - just as it is in Anglo-American analytic philosophy.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.