One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A person undergoing psychoanalysis.
- ‘The analysand can break free of the pattern of repetition only through reproducing or reenacting the trauma as opposed to simply repeating it; the analysand must reexperience the trauma and its concomitant anxiety.’
- ‘First it is a communication between psychoanalysts, analysands and supervisees.’
- ‘That is perfectly acceptable, but then it is important that you consciously state what you think an analysand comes to a psychoanalyst for and what you think the function of a psychoanalyst is, because based on that all-else follows.’
- ‘Even though Laforgue embraced outdated primitivist views of Arabs, then, the presence of his analysands in Moroccan institutions opened psychiatry to new views that broke with the past.’
- ‘The most demanding part of a Jungian analysis occurs when the analysand (the person undergoing analysis) begins to confront his own shadow.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.