Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A device for converting analog signals to digital form.
- ‘A good camera may also allow you to use the Stereo AV socket on the camera as a ‘pass through’ analogue to digital converter.’
- ‘At some point, the charge that accumulates within each well must be converted to a number; a process that involves an analogue to digital converter (adc).’
- ‘The songs were recorded onto magnetic tape, filtered below 100 Hz and above 1000 Hz, and digitized with a CED (Cambridge, UK) analogue to digital converter.’
- ‘A 100 kHz analogue to digital converter was used to record the power spectrum data.’
- ‘The same thing is said in relation to claims 14 and 23 as for claims 1 and 32 about the necessity for having analogue to digital converter.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.