A type of yeast bread typically made with cornmeal and dark molasses.
- ‘When Autumn rolls around I love a nice bowl of stew with some Anadama bread and some homemade apple crisp.’
- ‘Thus the steamed Boston brown bread to eat with baked beans includes cornmeal, while anadama bread, also of New England, mixes corn and wheat flours with molasses.’
- ‘You can also get strawberry French toast made with thick slices of anadama bread, but it is our opinion that the egg dip and frying detract from the solid Yankee character of the bread itself.’
- ‘I broke out the bread gear and made some anadama bread, which is the same thing I made right before we moved out of our old place.’
- ‘This and some Anadama bread makes a winter day seem downright pleasant.’
- ‘Sun-dried tomatoes give flavorful glitter to traditional anadama bread, and the tang of the tomatoes is wonderful against the subtle molasses sweetness.’