Relating to or characterized by a strong emotional dependence on another or others.‘anaclitic depression’
- ‘Out of this process, the breakdown of the anaclitic identification with the mother, the ego emerges.’
- ‘In contrast, anaclitic patients are overly focused on relationship issues such as intimacy, trust, and sexuality.’
- ‘The anaclitic reaction was carried on in later adult life and was characterized by an inability to show love or emotions in their social relationships.’
- ‘This comes in addition to other expressions that existed beforehand, such as anaclitic depression, thoughts and fears about death.’
- ‘Men tended to utilize the anaclitic choice, Freud thought, and women tend toward the narcissistic.’
1920s: from Greek anaklitos for reclining from anaklinein recline.