One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Relating to or promoting anabolism.
- ‘These increased levels of sugar and aminos will cause your pancreas to release your body's strongest anabolic hormone, insulin.’
- ‘The low-carb diets have reduced the insulin response, but remember, insulin is a very anabolic hormone.’
- ‘Insulin is an anabolic hormone that kick-starts muscle-building processes that will use those amino acids.’
- ‘The more robust your GI tract, the more available nutrients such as glutamine are for anabolic muscle metabolism.’
- ‘Colostrum is rich in anabolic peptides, protective antibodies and immune messengers that help the gut heal.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.