Relating to or promoting anabolism.
- ‘Insulin is an anabolic hormone that kick-starts muscle-building processes that will use those amino acids.’
- ‘These increased levels of sugar and aminos will cause your pancreas to release your body's strongest anabolic hormone, insulin.’
- ‘The more robust your GI tract, the more available nutrients such as glutamine are for anabolic muscle metabolism.’
- ‘Colostrum is rich in anabolic peptides, protective antibodies and immune messengers that help the gut heal.’
- ‘The low-carb diets have reduced the insulin response, but remember, insulin is a very anabolic hormone.’