One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The readiness to consider something without prejudice.
- ‘However, one should not be blinded by the rules, but rather keep an open mind and be ready to experiment.’
- ‘This group of people should consider keeping an open mind and really work at it.’
- ‘The coach should always have an open mind with regard to improving his own learning.’
- ‘I just hope that most of you try to minimize it and look at things with an open mind.’
- ‘Perhaps they won't come to it with an open mind at all and will be angry that I got it all wrong.’
- ‘I ask Sue and the other members of the society to please consider my response with an open mind.’
- ‘Watch it with a pizza, a couple of beers, and an open mind, and you'll have a great time.’
- ‘We are keeping an open mind but are not treating it as suspicious.’
- ‘So if you like the idea of inventing something a little different, it might be worth keeping an open mind about what will appeal.’
- ‘Ken was well known for his volatility, but also his willingness to keep an open mind.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.