One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The strength of an electric current in amperes.
- ‘The electric fence should be high voltage, low amperage, so that no harm can be done to any animal or person.’
- ‘Less sophisticated chargers might monitor voltage or amperage only and make certain assumptions about average battery characteristics.’
- ‘The speed controllers, or motor drives, provide the necessary amperage to the motors at the computer's request.’
- ‘When the capacitor discharges those volts, it delivers an amperage comparable to stun guns.’
- ‘Secondly, the rate of heat is a result of amperage, not voltage, so what does that have to do with the voltage?’
- ‘Talk to an electrician and find out just how much amperage you safely have.’
- ‘High voltage and low amperage were used to increase the contrast between the dense tantalum markers and the bone.’
- ‘Connect the green, white, and black wire of the correct voltage to the corresponding wires of an extension cord rated for the amperage for your outlet.’
- ‘In an electrical circuit, the number of electrons that are moving is called the amperage or the current, and it is measured in amps.’
- ‘Even multiple potatoes may not generate enough amperage.’
- ‘If the amperage exceeds that limit, they melt and break the circuit.’
- ‘More, every accessory is powered by a relay, rather than running the full amperage through the control switch.’
- ‘The arrival of energy at the target is staggered over three hundred nanoseconds, so that the amperage arrives less like a brick wall that would vaporize the plate and more in controllable increments.’
- ‘In several cases, batteries have exploded as voltage dropped and amperage increased.’
- ‘Combined with the high amperage, lightning has enough energy to kill instantly.’
- ‘Also, check to see if the cable will be able to handle the amperage that you will be using it for.’
- ‘And, because the sprinklers operate at lower pressures and amperage than standard electric sprinklers, power and wire costs are substantially reduced.’
- ‘The breaker trips when the sensor determines that the amperage at the hot terminal is not equal to the amperage at the neutral terminal.’
- ‘Before the flight, find where the spare fuses are stored, determine how to select the right amperage and go through the replacement procedure.’
- ‘The voltage flowing through a lightning bolt can reach 200 million volts, and combined with the amperage (which can be anything from a few thousand to tens of thousands of amps) some of these beasts are killers.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.